Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Winter Art at Webb


I suppose the title of this post could say "confessions of a Pinterest addict". Shout out, props, many thanks to the creative people on Pinterest for giving me more than enough ideas for winter projects at Webb Elementary! I have to admit that I do tweak and modify many of the lessons I find, but still have to give thanks where thanks are due... even if I don't know exactly who to thank!

Click here to visit my Pinterest page!

I also have been trying to boost my sales on Artsonia. If you haven't ever seen that site... do so... immediately! It is an "online museum" where student art can be uploaded (once parent permission is given) and then parents can get their little artists' hard work printed on ornaments, t-shirts, coffee mugs, mouse pads, etc etc.

BEST PART!!!! 20% of the proceeds from these sales will benefit the Webb Art Department! YAY to more art supplies!!

Click here to visit my Artsonia Gallery!

Anywayyy.... back to the kiddos' art. Four grades have finished their winter projects, three are still in the middle. I will post the rest when they are finished!

Kindergarten practiced brush and scissor dexterity by creating winter mittens! We focused on creating different kinds of lines. This was also a great opportunity to discuss skin color (for the arms) and how everyones is different... and thats ok! 




First Graders made the most adorable bundled up penguins. This was actually a really fast lesson... which was great! Focus on using shapes to create objects.


The little girl who made the penguin above was so proud of herself! She came right up to me with her art and said "Look Ms. Ripa, I know how to make my penguin look like he is looking to this side!" Love that my job gives opportunities for the quiet and shy kids to thrive and excel! 



Third and Fourth graders both did lessons based off of point of view and perspective. We discussed birds eye view vs. worms eye view and then applied our knowledge to our art. Students were actually upset that it was called "worms eye view" because worms dont have eyes! So they started calling it bugs eye view... whatever floats your boat kids. 

3rd graders made self portraits of themselves catching snowflakes. Mostly paper, but with added yarn and fabric for hair and scarves.


 Love the braid





4th grade created worms eye view snowmen. Students were in charge of choosing and creating their own patterned scarf.







Stay tuned for more winter art! 2nd, 5th, and 6th grade art is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment